Ercall Wood Academy

Empower | Respect | Aspire



My child is poorly. How do I notify the school? Please telephone the school before 8.50am on the first day of absence. If we do not receive notification, we will attempt to contact you.
Please have a look Is My Child Too Ill to Come to School? This link will provide information/guidance on whether your child is well enough to be in school.
Where/when can I buy school uniform? Bakers Wellington
Where can I get a copy of a letter? Letters and other communication are also sent via email or text message notifications. If you should miss a letter please call into Reception and the Admin Team will be able to help you.
My child has lost something? Where can I find lost property? The lost property is situated in the front reception and can be accessed before and after school.
My child has been prescribed medicine, but is well enough to be in school. Can the school give them their medicine? Yes. They will have to remember to visit the medical room for their dose at the correct time. Please complete the medicine form and leave it with one of our Admin team.
My child has head lice. What do I do? Your child should not be in school until they have been treated. For more details, download advice from NHS choices. Please inform the school (your call will be dealt with sensitively) and we will arrange for a letter to go out to all parents in the class asking for them to check their child’s hair.
How do I make an appointment to see my child’s class teacher? Please telephone or call into reception and they will contact the class teacher to arrange an appointment for you. We kindly ask that all visitors report to reception before entering the school.
Can my child have school dinners? I am on income support. Can I get help with school meals? Yes. Please log on to Free school meals and you can check online to see if your child is eligible.
My son/daughter is doing really well in a club/activity. Can this be mentioned in the school newsletter? Yes of course! Please send any entries to reception by Wednesday of the week you would like it published.
My child wants to join an after school club. How do I go about it? It is possible to register your interest in a particular club at the start of a new term. This is to give teachers an idea of how many children are interested in the club.
I would like to join the PTA. How do I arrange this?

At the start of the year, the year group newsletters ask all those who are interested to register their interest by returning a response note. The school’s Parent teacher association is called FEW if you would like to join please call Tracey Bates in reception.

FEW website link.

All volunteers will be subject to a Disclosure and Services Barring Check.